Powered by Volunteers
Draft Horse Town relies on a wonderful and diverse team of volunteers to provide visitors with an up-close and personal draft horse experience. From teenagers up to 80+ years of age, our volunteers all share one thing: A love of our draft horses.
Of course, you don’t have to be a “horse” person with experience to volunteer with us. We offer a variety of roles and provide training at our volunteer orientation session prior to Stampede.
Aggie Days (April)
- Held indoors at the Nutrien Western Events Centre on Stampede Park
- Live demos with Draft Horse Town’s working horses held in the arena
- Wednesday to Friday are open for Calgary and area schools (grades 3-6)
- Saturday and Sunday are open to the general public
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunch with more than three (3+) hours of volunteering
Calgary Stampede (July)
- Held outdoors between the Agriculture Building and Nutrien Western Events Centre
- Daily demos in Town Centre showcasing Draft Horse Town’s working horses
- Demos also held in the Northern Lights Arena
- Free 10-day Stampede park pass when you volunteer with us for three (3) shifts on three (3) different days
- Opportunity to meet a range of visitors from across the country and around the world.